The basic structure of my ‘mood light’, colour light, whatever light, is finished and now I just need to secure the electronics and decide what other features I might add. It’s made using a wooden frame that is then covered in a heat shrink film using in RC aeroplanes. The result is a glossy finish that is shrunk to fit and allows light to show through.
Some ideas of have for evolving the design:
- Various lighting modes (candle flicker, rainbow, random, etc)
- Microphone level / IR detection to change speed of the colour change
- BlueTooth compatibility so you can change the colour, etc remotely
- Time of day feature (changes colour and intensity depending on the time of the day
- Lucid dreaming mode – in the middle of the night, start pulsing the colours so I may realise the flashes in my sleep and start lucid dreaming..
- Something else (don’t know what yet!)
for now I’ll just upload find pictures…